- Make a post (public, friends locked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friends friends, or just random journals, or holiday_wishes/wish_list) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
My Yuletide List
1. This is my Target Wish List.
Don't sweat this one. I make one every year for my mother to go Christmas shopping for me. There's a lot on there, but mostly so that she still feels like she can surprise me. I mostly need work clothes!
2. Books! Especially Hans Christian Anderson or Grimm Fairy Tales. New, used, whatever! I used to have SO MANY and now not so much.
3. I like birds. A lot.
4. Headbands!!! I ADORE headbands like: this
. (Please don't
spend spend $30 bucks on a headband... it's just an example!) it's just so pretty! Even better if you know how to make those yourself!
5. Do you know how to knit? I would DIE for a soft, comfy knit scarf!! Color of choice: probably a cream or grey :)
6. Nail polish. My nails have been short and icky my whole life and very recently I woke up one morning and my nails started to grow! It's a miracle. They're suuuper weak but I'm trying to strengthen them! I love the Essie brand, particularly The Winter Collection
. Or just similar colors :) I love the hot coco!
7. If you draw or paint, I would love some of your art to decorate my apartment with! :)
8. I LOVE dinosaurs. No joke.
9. Paid account time! My paid account expires in a month! :)
10. Foreign coins... basically not American coins. I used to collect coins from other countries. I worked in Girl Scout camps (with girls from all over the world) for a few years I had a sweet
collection- and the fire destroyed it all and I haven't had a chance to start a new collection. :(
If you actually want to send me something, email me for my address: Rachael.Dalrymple@gmail.com
I hope you all post this because I'd like to send people stuff this year if I can ♥ I know I'm terrible
about sending mail but I really want to get better about that! :)